ICAgile Project Management – Guaranteed to Run
Want to learn about modern delivery approaches to ensure you’re adding maximum value? Our Agile Project Management course is designed for those working in a project, product or no-project context who seek to work in a more adaptive way.
This course will help you to learn the skills, techniques, and mindset needed to manage work using an agile approach. You will learn how to collaborate with stakeholders and support self-organizing teams to develop solutions incrementally to increase efficiency and effectiveness. You will also gain the agile project management toolkit needed to work more cohesively, communicate more effectively, and support teams with leadership and coordination and facilitation.
ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-APM Certification from ICAgile is granted on the successful completion of this course. This certification is part of the ICAgile Delivery Management Track along with our Agile Fundamentals and Delivery at Scale courses.
Project Management Institute (PMI)® accredited course: This course is accredited with PMI® and will contribute 14 professional development units (PDUs) towards your chosen certification (12 technical hours and 2 leadership hours).
This course will contribute 14 PMI® Professional Development Units towards your chosen certification (12 technical hours and 2 leadership hours).
- Managers and executives responsible for software and solutions development
- Iteration managers and scrum masters working on agile projects
- Project managers responsible for software and solutions development projects
- Product Owners and Value Managers
- Business analysts gathering requirements for software and solutions development
- Team leaders and developers building software systems
- Business managers who have to sponsor and are responsible for the introduction of new computer-based information systems.
This is an expert level course designed for people with prior experience and fundamental training within agile and project management. If you need to learn more about agile practices, we recommend our Agile Fundamentals course as a lead-in.
During this course you will learn about:
- The background to and the driving forces for adopting agile
- The role of the project manager in an agile team
- How to structure and coordinate self-organizing teams
- How to use agile techniques and tools to plan, monitor and manage agile projects, programs and portfolios
- The importance of value-driven delivery and continuous customer and user feedback in increasing efficiency
- How to provide guidance and a decision-making framework to ensure their continuous alignment with organizational goals
- How to understand and manage stakeholders needs
- How to use adaptive planning to maximize flow
- How to assess, manage and monitor risk
- Agile principles and practices
- Project team formation, ‘teaming’ culture, and self-organizing teams
- Stakeholder analysis, management, and engagement
- Collaboration, coordination, and communication
- Complex adaptive systems and adaptive planning
- Delivery management
- Agile project flow
- Defining value
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Performance metrics
This program is offered as a classroom-based course as well as a LiveOnline program. Our LiveOnline delivery is over three days (each four and a half hours in duration). The instructor is live and interaction and learning objectives are the same as our in-person classes with the added benefit of being able to take this course from your home, your office or your home office. We use Zoom for our LiveOnline classes. Zoom is an easy to use and reliable cloud platform and we have in place robust security settings to ensure our users and their privacy are protected.
For people with hearing loss, we can provide closed captions and in some cases full transcripts for our LiveOnline courses. In addition to captioning, we can also provide early access for learners with hearing loss to read through the course materials and test the tools and technologies.
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved by applying the practices and techniques in group exercises.