SAFe for Government
SAFe for Government Course
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context.
But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change in government.
To perform the role of a SAFe® for Government leader, attendees should be able to:
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean, and SAFe Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- One Certification exam attempt upon General Availability of the course