Cybersecurity Analyst CySA+
Cybersecurity Analyst CySA+ Certification Course
Self-paced or Instructor Led Online Course
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with performance-based questions that cover core security analyst skills while emphasizing software and application security, automation, threat hunting, and IT regulatory compliance.
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, such as firewalls and anti-virus software, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for organizations. CompTIA CySA+ applies behavioral analytics to networks to improve the overall state of security through identifying and combating malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in an enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface. It will validate an IT professional’s ability to proactively defend and continuously improve the security of an organization. CySA+ will verify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Leverage intelligence and threat detection techniques
- Analyze and interpret data
- Identify and address vulnerabilities
- Suggest preventive measures
- Effectively respond to and recover from incidents
CompTIA CySA+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). Regulators and governments rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program.
- Lesson 1: Explaining the Importance of Security Controls and Security Intelligence
- Lesson 2: Utilizing Threat Data and Intelligence
- Lesson 3: Analyzing Security Monitoring Data
- Lesson 4: Collecting and Querying Security Monitoring Data
- Lesson 5: Utilizing Digital Forensics and Indicator Analysis Techniques
- Lesson 6: Applying Incident Response Procedures
- Lesson 7: Applying Risk Mitigation and Security Frameworks
- Lesson 8: Performing Vulnerability Management
- Lesson 9: Applying Security Solutions for Infrastructure Management
- Lesson 10: Understanding Data Privacy and Protection
- Lesson 11: Applying Security Solutions for Software Assurance
- Lesson 12: Applying Security Solutions for Cloud and Automation
What You Get
Exam Voucher Details
- Vouchers are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- One voucher is applicable towards one exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise noted.
- You must register and take your exam prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Certification exam retirement dates supersede voucher expiration dates. CompTIA may retire certifications and corresponding exams prior to voucher expiration dates.
- Visit the CompTIA website for certification exam information, including exam launch and retirement dates.
- Vouchers are country and currency restricted.
- Max of 85 multiple choice and performance based questions
- Passing score 750
- Length of the exam: 165 minutes
- Network experience
- Security or equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on information security or related experience
Jobs that use CompTIA CySA+
- Security Analysts
- Security Engineers
- Incident Response or Handler
- Threat Hunter
- Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Application Security Analyst
- Compliance Analyst