Advanced Security Practitioner CASP+
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) Certification Course
Self-paced or Instructor Led Online Course
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners — not managers — at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture, research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security. The CASP+ exam covers the following:
- Enterprise security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyberdefense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include mobile and small-form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as blockchain, cryptocurrency and mobile device encryption
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
What you will learn
- Lesson 1: Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
- Lesson 2: Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
- Lesson 3: Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Lesson 4: Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Lesson 5: Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Lesson 6: Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Lesson 7: Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
- Lesson 8: Implementing Network Security
- Lesson 9: Implementing Security in the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
- Lesson 10: Integrating Assets in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Lesson 11: Conducting Security Assessments
- Lesson 12: Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
What You Get
Exam Voucher Details
- Vouchers are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- One voucher is applicable towards one exam at an authorized CompTIA Test Service Provider.
- All vouchers, including any retakes, are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise noted.
- You must register and take your exam prior to the voucher expiration date.
- Voucher expiration dates cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Certification exam retirement dates supersede voucher expiration dates. CompTIA may retire certifications and corresponding exams prior to voucher expiration dates.
- Visit the CompTIA website for certification exam information, including exam launch and retirement dates.
- Vouchers are country and currency restricted.
- Max of 90 multiple choice and performance based questions
- Passing score: this test has no scaled score; it’s pass/fail only
- Length of the exam: 165 minutes
- A minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration
- Minimum five years of hands-on technical security experience.
Jobs that use CompTIA CySA+
- Security Architect
- Technical Lead Analyst
- Application Security Engineer
- Security Engineer