Principal Active Directory Engineer
The i4group is looking for a talented individual that can provide design, thought leadership, and drive implementation of Active Directory services and infrastructure. This is a technical role on a team with equally dedicated and passionate engineers supporting our AD development with our clients. For more information about job the description/responsibilities and more.
- Drive the execution of the next generation of Active Directory (AD) technologies, including owning the overall roadmap, producing regular status updates, and diving deep to resolve issues as they arise.
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders across Whole Foods Market and associated organizations.
- Lead cross-functionally to accelerate the development and deployment of new security features.
- Proactively identify and resolve challenges and issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, business, and technical goals.
- Establish AD security architecture and strategies.
- Securely manage authentication and authorization solutions for on-premise and cloud solutions.
- Develop solutions using a cloud first approach within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Lead security projects from initial conception through design, testing, and implementation.
- Evaluate vendor solutions to ensure they meet technology and cloud standards, as well as all applicable architecture considerations.
- Take part in an after-hours on-call support rotation to implement solutions, patching, and deployment activities as needed.
- Define and lead in the design of programs that support and align with cloud-based online service strategies and engineering requirements for evolving security services, mechanisms, and safeguards.
- Develop metrics that demonstrate the current risk state, indicators of progress, and directory services business alignment.
- Engage with development teams during operational security reviews, provide leadership and security design guidance.
- Monitor technology and security developments to ensure the company’s security framework follows industry best practices.
- Play a key and influential role working with others; in groups, in cross-functional settings and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- 7+ years of experience designing and managing Active Directory Domain Services.
- 3+ years of experience designing and managing Azure AD.
- 2+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules.
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices annd best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience leading large security access system upgrades/projects using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Advanced understanding of IAM solutions and related technologies including Azure AD, Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM), Kerberos, LDAP, claims, group and role mapping, PKI, PIM, DNS, DHCP and GPO implementations.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related IT work experience in a global information technology environment
- MSCE and CISSP (preferred)