ICAgile Product Ownership – Guaranteed to Run
How do we ensure that the right product is built in the right way to most effectively solve the right business problem? To answer this question, product owners need clarity of vision, alignment with organizational strategy, an understanding of the development process and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Through our Agile Product Ownership course, you will gain the techniques and tools to enable you to become an effective product owner who is equipped to guide product development, and lead product ownership teams. Our course focuses on business value, the leadership needed to ensure product fit, and how these practices work in an agile development process. You will also cover value management, and how collaboration is so important to identify the most important aspects and features of a product.
ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-APO Certification from ICAgile is granted on the successful completion of this course. This certification is part of the ICAgile Product Ownership Track along with our Agile Fundamentals and Enterprise Product Ownership courses.
We offer the complete ICAgile Product Ownership Track for those looking to become an ICAgile Certified Expert in Product Ownership (ICE-PO).
Project Management Institute (PMI)® accredited course: This course is accredited with PMI® and will contribute 14 professional development units (PDUs) towards your chosen certification (4 leadership hours and 10 technical hours).
- Those filling the roles of:
- Product managers
- Product owners
- Product champions
- Agile customers
- Subject matter experts
And those that form part of the extended team of people supporting the product owner including:
- Technical architects
- UX designers
- Business analysts
- IV & V specialist testers
To get the most out of this course, you will need to have completed formal agile training such as our Agile Fundamentals course. You will also need to have a good understanding of your organization’s product development process and to have mastered the skill of building user stories.
During this course you will learn about:
- The roles and responsibilities involved in product ownership
- How to help identify which products should be built to maximize business value using tools such as purpose alignment model, kano analysis, value stream mapping
- How to build a product roadmap and link that to business outcomes
- How to use personas and product design workshops to help define features and quality goals for building a product roadmap
- The shape of a well-formed backlog and how to populate it progressively
- Techniques such as story mapping, prioritization and backlog grooming to build a release plan
- How to use paper prototyping and usability heuristics to guide the design of the product
- Stories for development on a just-in-time basis while ensuring the design principles and architectural guidelines are adhered to
- The product owner role
- The value management team
- The product development lifecycle
- Product roadmap
- Design workshops
- Story maps
- Backlog grooming
- Story splitting
- Story elaboration
- Frequent releases
- Successful closure
This program is offered as a classroom-based course as well as a LiveOnline program. Our LiveOnline delivery is over three days (each four and a half hours in duration). The instructor is live and interaction and learning objectives are the same as our in-person classes with the added benefit of being able to take this course from your home, your office or your home office. We use Zoom for our LiveOnline classes. Zoom is an easy to use and reliable cloud platform and we have in place robust security settings to ensure our users and their privacy are protected.
For people with hearing loss, we can provide closed captions and in some cases full transcripts for our LiveOnline courses. In addition to captioning, we can also provide early access for learners with hearing loss to read through the course materials and test the tools and technologies.
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved by applying the practices and techniques in group exercises.