ICAgile Foundations of DevOps – Guaranteed to Run
In solving one problem, agile has created a new bottleneck at the interface between development and operations teams, each having very different goals. DevOps has evolved as a way to bring these two teams together and accelerate the delivery of value to the users and customers. This course provides an overview of DevOps, including its history, the cultural changes required to effectively apply DevOps, and the practices that support the goals of DevOps. We explore continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and the deployment pipeline that lies at the heart of DevOps.
ICAgile accredited course: The ICAgile Certified Professional, Foundation of DevOps is granted on the successful completion of this course. This certification is part of the ICAgile DevOps track along with our Agile Fundamentals and Implementing DevOps courses. We offer the complete ICAgile DevOps Track for those looking to become an ICAgile Certified Expert in DevOps (ICD-DO).
- Team members
- Anyone wanting to understand the case for and potential of DevOps
- Anyone looking to understand their role and practices in a DevOps environment
- Anyone wanting to know what changes to start making to prepare for DevOps
To get the most out of this course, we recommend that you have completed some formal agile training, such as our Agile Fundamentals course.
During this course you will learn about:
- The background and mindset of DevOps
- The practices of version control and configuration management that support DevOps
- How test automation supports DevOps
- The essentials of continuous integration (CI)
- The principles and practices of continuous delivery (CD)
- The deployment pipeline and its purpose
- The challenges and support for managing infrastructure and databases
- What changes to start making when first starting out with DevOps
- Introduction to DevOps
- Version control
- Automated testing
- Continuous integration
- Continuous delivery
- Deployment pipeline
- Infrastructure management
This is an interactive course using group discussions and paper-based exercises to understand the concepts and how they can be applied to your individual circumstances.
This program is offered as a classroom-based course as well as a LiveOnline program. Our LiveOnline delivery is over three days (each four and a half hours in duration). The instructor is live and interaction and learning objectives are the same as our in-person classes with the added benefit of being able to take this course from your home, your office or your home office. We use Zoom for our LiveOnline classes. Zoom is an easy to use and reliable cloud platform and we have in place robust security settings to ensure our users and their privacy are protected.