ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Fundamentals – Guaranteed to Run
Want to know what agile is all about? If you’re new to the agile world and need a solid introduction to the agile way of thinking and doing – our Agile Fundamentals course is a perfect fit.
Ideal for both business and technical teams, this course examines the roles and responsibilities of team members working in an agile way. It delves into the specific practices used in agile projects, explains the theory and concepts behind the agile approach, and prepares you to work confidently and effectively in an agile environment. Not only that, you will also learn about the structure for defining value to ensure you and your team work on the right product at the right time for the right customer. This is one of our most popular agile course for individuals, teams, and organizations seeking introductory agile training.
This course will contribute 14 PMI® Professional Development Units towards your chosen certification (10 technical hours and 4 leadership hours).
- Team members starting out in agile projects
- Project managers entering the agile environment
- Managers of teams involved in agile development
- Consultants looking for a solid grounding in agile development.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
During this course you will learn about:
- The background of participating in an agile workplace
- The roles and responsibilities of a typical agile team
- The various tools available to agile teams to facilitate conversation about priorities
- How agile teams cooperate and collaborate to deliver business value
- The important interpersonal skills agile environments encourage and foster
- How discipline and standards contribute to agility.
An agile mindset:
- Why agile?
- Key values
- Lifecycle and frameworks
- Agile teams – roles and responsibilities
- Collaboration and mindset
- Tools to help create agility
Core agile concepts:
- Workflow and transparency
- Product vs. project
- Changing the way we work
- Aligning the idea
- Stories and story mapping
- Quality, definition of done and estimation
- Release planning
Deliver and operate:
- Agile Ri (creating your own list of work-on and improvements).
This program is offered as a classroom-based course as well as a LiveOnline program. Our LiveOnline delivery is over three days (each four and a half hours in duration). The instructor is live and interaction and learning objectives are the same as our in-person classes with the added benefit of being able to take this course from your home, your office or your home office. We use Zoom for our LiveOnline classes. Zoom is an easy to use and reliable cloud platform and we have in place robust security settings to ensure our users and their privacy are protected.
For people with hearing loss, we can provide closed captions and in some cases full transcripts for our LiveOnline courses. In addition to captioning, we can also provide early access for learners with hearing loss to read through the course materials and test the tools and technologies.
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved by applying the practices and techniques in group exercises and a case study.