Implementing SAFe 4.6 with SPC4 Certification
Trainer: Charles Maddox, SPCT
Attendees can become leading agents for change—and enable their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they certify as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC). During this four-day course, they’ll learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
Attendees will learn how to effectively coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to others. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
To perform the role of a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform value stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains and coordinate large solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Act as a SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certifying agent
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, executing, and releasing value
- Leading a Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming an SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all four days of the course to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE), Agile Working Group
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant certification exam and practice as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
Renewal fee: $895
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Program Consultant Exam.
- Exam format – Multiple choice.
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60.
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate).
- Language – English.
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Course logistics: We will provide a workbook and lunch each day.
Dress: business casual. No personal computer needed
Instructor: Charles MaddoxMSc, MBA, CSP, PMP, SPC4, ELI-MP
For more information, contact The i4 Group Consulting: thei4group.com
If you need to cancel your registration greater than 14 days from the start of the course, your refund request will be assessed a $150 processing charge. For cancellations between 8 and 14 days from the start of the course, your only option is to change to any another i4 course of equal or lesser value and you will be assessed for a $150 processing fee. For cancellations 7 days or less from the
start of the course, no refunds will be issued, and no changes are allowed.
All classes are not guaranteed to make. Classes can be cancelled due to low enrollment or any unforeseen reason. The i4 group is not responsible for any kind of reimbursements due to cancelled classes. We recommend that you contact us for course status before booking any travel accommodations. In the event a class is cancelled, all ticket holders are entitled to a full refund for their ticket purchase.