Travel & Scholarship pricing available!! –call or email for details!
And, the i4 Group conducts in-house training for your enterprise with special pricing available.
SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master
Advancing Scrum Master servant leadership with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
with SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master Certification
Based on version 4.5 of SAFe
Top of Form
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
SAFe Certification Kit
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification
- SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the SASM certification mark
- SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: $100
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice; Multiple Select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
For more information, contact The i4 Group Consulting: thei4group.com
|When||September 19 - 20 , 2018 | 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM|
|Where||Chase Bank Building 100 North Central Expressway 5th Floor Richardson, TX 75080|
Early Bird : $1049.00 USD
Bring this training class to your company onsite location
If you need to cancel your registration greater than 14 days from the start of the course, your refund request will be assessed a $150 processing charge. For cancellations between 8 and 14 days from the start of the course, your only option is to change to any another i4 course of equal or lesser value. For cancellations 7 days or less from the start of the course, no refunds will be issued, and no changes are allowed.
All classes are not guaranteed to make. Classes can be cancelled due to low enrollment or any unforeseen reason. In the event The i4 Group has to cancel a class, all ticket holders are entitled to a full refund for their ticket purchase. The i4 group is not responsible for reimbursements of travel expenses. We recommend you contact us for course status before booking any travel accommodations.
Travel & Scholarship Pricing Available! – SAFe 4.5 Advanced Scrum Master Certification – Boston, MA
Wednesday, 19 Sep 2018 - Thursday, 20 Sep 2018 | 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Chase Bank Building 100 North Central Expressway 5th Floor Richardson, TX 75080 Boston, MA
Travel & Scholarship Pricing Available! – SAFe 4.5 Advanced Scrum Master Certification – Boston, MAWhen
September 19 - 20 , 2018 | 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM