Travel & Scholarship promotional pricing available!! –call or email for details!
And, the i4 Group conducts in-house training for your enterprise with special pricing available.
SAFe® Scrum Master
Applying the Scrum Master role within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) enterprise
with SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Certification
Based on version 4.5 of SAFe
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Attending this course prepares individuals to take the SAFe 4 Scrum Master exam to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
In this course attendees will:
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend both days of the course to qualify for the exam.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
SAFe Certification Kit
- SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master
- A SAFe Scrum Master branding kit with the SSM certification mark
- SAFe 4 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: $100
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Scrum Master course
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
For more information, contact The i4 Group Consulting: thei4group.com
|When||August 23 - 24 , 2018 | 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM|
|Where||Courtyard Marriott Glenview/Northbrook | 1801 Milwaukee Ave | Glenview, IL 60025|
General : $949.00USD
Bring this training class to your company onsite location
If you need to cancel your registration greater than 14 days from the start of the course, your refund request will be assessed a $150 processing charge. For cancellations between 8 and 14 days from the start of the course, your only option is to change to any another i4 course of equal or lesser value. For cancellations 7 days or less from the start of the course, no refunds will be issued, and no changes are allowed.
All classes are not guaranteed to make. Classes can be cancelled due to low enrollment or any unforeseen reason. In the event The i4 Group has to cancel a class, all ticket holders are entitled to a full refund for their ticket purchase. The i4 group is not responsible for reimbursements of travel expenses. We recommend you contact us for course status before booking any travel accommodations.
SAFe 4.5 Scrum Master Certification – Chicago, ILWhen
August 23 - 24 , 2018 | 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM