The i4 Group conducts in-house training for your enterprise with special pricing available.
SAFe® Release Train Engineer
A servant leader and coach within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) enterprise
with SAFe® 4 RTE Certification
Based on version 4.5 of SAFe
SAFe Release Train EngineerAttendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Scaled Agile’s SAFe RTE exam maintains rigorous quality standards ensuring that those who have earned the certification are well prepared to effectively fulfill their role in a SAFe enterprise. Make sure to read the certification information below.
- To perform the role of a SAFe Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
What Attendees Get
- The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend all days of the course to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
Prerequisites: The following prerequisites are required for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
- SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- SAFe Certified Release Train Engineer certificate (PDF)
- One-year membership to the Scaled Agile RTE Community of Practice
Annual Renewal: Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: $295. Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if current SPC).
- Exam name: SAFe Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format: multiple choice
- Exam delivery: web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam; delivered through the Community Platform
- Exam access: first attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam duration: once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 40 out of 60 (67%)
- Exam cost: first attempt is free within 30 days from course completion
- Retake policy: second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10 day wait; fourth attempt requires a 30 day wait. Each retake attempt is $50. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- Study guide: access available upon course completion; in the Learning Platform
- Practice test: available by year end 2017 access available upon course completion; in the Learning Platform
- Sample test: download questions
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 20 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through
- Scrum Alliance.
For more information, contact The i4 Group Consulting: thei4group.com
Refunds will be issued for cancellations greater than 14 days from the start of the course and will be assessed a $150 processing charge. For cancellations between 8 and 14 days from the start of the course, registrants may change to another course of equal or lesser value. For cancellations 7 days or less from the start of the course, no refunds will be issued or changes allowed.
All classes are not guaranteed to make. Classes can be cancelled due to low enrollment or any unforeseen reason. The i4 group is not responsible for any kind of reimbursements due to cancelled classes. We recommend that you contact us for course status before booking any travel accommodations. In the event a class is cancelled, all ticket holders are entitled to a full refund for their ticket purchase.
|When||December 18 - 20 , 2018 | 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM|
|Where||Courtyard Marriott Miami Downtown/Brickell | 200 SE 2nd Avenue | Miami, FL 33131|
Early Bird : $2495 USD
Bring this training class to your company onsite location
If you need to cancel your registration greater than 14 days from the start of the course, your refund request will be assessed a $150 processing charge. For cancellations between 8 and 14 days from the start of the course, your only option is to change to any another i4 course of equal or lesser value. For cancellations 7 days or less from the start of the course, no refunds will be issued, and no changes are allowed.
All classes are not guaranteed to make. Classes can be cancelled due to low enrollment or any unforeseen reason. In the event The i4 Group has to cancel a class, all ticket holders are entitled to a full refund for their ticket purchase. The i4 group is not responsible for reimbursements of travel expenses. We recommend you contact us for course status before booking any travel accommodations.
SAFe 4.5 Release Train Engineer with RTE Certification – San Antonio, TXWhen
December 18 - 20 , 2018 | 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM